JOB TITLE: Administrative Coordinator (one-year contract with possibility of extension)
REPORTS TO: Strategy & Governance Manager
SALARY: $24.53 - $28.86 hourly
HOURS: 3 days/week
The Administrative Coordinator will work closely with the Strategy and Governance Manager on administrative process improvement and efficiencies. The Administrative Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting the day-to-day administrative functions of the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
· Coordinate calendars and schedule appointments. Resolve overlapping commitments and protect time for shifting priorities.
· Triage, answer and direct incoming correspondence, track messages, and refer inquires to appropriate agency staff or external stakeholders.
· Review, proofread, and format correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Prioritize to-do lists to maximize the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director’s time.
· Use computer word processing, spreadsheets, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents as requested.
· Prepare meeting agendas and take minutes as required.
· Maintain contact lists of key stakeholders.
· Liaise with the Finance team and managers to track and prepare contracts for signature.
· Conduct research and prepare reports on various topics.
· Perform additional duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
· Ability to work in a highly stressful and ever-changing, fast paced environment.
· Must have strong boundaries.
Recognize and respond to potential problems.
· Mental resiliency is key.
· Knowledge of Boyle Street’s programs and services.
· Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
· Great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
· Works with initiative, commitment and enthusiasm.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Openness to participation in Indigenous teachings and ceremony.
· Must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles while working remotely.
· 3+ years in a senior administrative role, supporting one or more managers.
· Completion of high school plus post-secondary education in administration or business administration.
· Criminal record and Child and Youth Information Systems check are required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Administrative Coordinator in the Subject Line of the email.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Boyle Street Community Services values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently-abled and LGBTTQIA communities.