JOB TITLE: Community Centre HUB Senior Manager
LOCATION: Community Centre (10116-105 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5H 0K2)
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
HOURLY RANGE: $32.50-$38.27/hour ($63 375-$74 626/year)
HOURS: 37.5 hours/week primarily between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM with occasional hours in the evenings and weekends for meetings and events
JOB ID: 20-054BSCS
“Despite great challenges, we believe unhealthy cycles can be broken, new opportunities created and, through healing, health restored.”
Would you like to be a part of an organization that works with some of Edmonton’s most vulnerable populations and counts on the professionalism, expertise, insight, and passion of its staff to develop programs and services for the clients they work with? Join us at Boyle Street Community Services.
“We stand with our clients, side by side, patiently and for as long as they want – a constant and consistent caring force”
Boyle Street Community Services (BSCS) is a values-driven organization that believes our clients are the experts in their own life. Your job will be to foster innovation with your team alongside our clients. If your values are aligned with our values and beliefs listed at: https://www.boylestreet.org/who-we-are please consider joining our team.
This position comes with a comprehensive dental, health and drug benefits package, three weeks of annual vacation, and numerous professional development and training opportunities.
JOB PURPOSE: The Community Centre HUB Senior Manager is responsible for the oversight and operational coordination of Boyle Street Community Services' Community Centre HUB. This role will ensure that all programs running out of the Centre are working in concert and have all the operational supports to ensure safe and consistent program delivery to our Community Members.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work closely with the Building Maintenance manager to ensure effective operations of the Community Centre
· Support the Director of Operations in the coordination of large vendor contracts such as insurance, IT, security etc. as it relates to the Community Centre Hub
· Coordinate Covid-19 compliance at the Community Centre and the ongoing response as it evolves in the coming years
· Oversight of security officers and security contractors, Post orders, scheduling and supervision of guards as needed – with the approach that security should be limited as much as possible
· Manage incident reporting and follow up with managers on critical incidents in and around the Community Centre HUB to reduce the number and severity of incidents over time
· Work with Drop-In Program managers and the Director of Operations, act as a liaison to Edmonton Police Service, Peace Officers and Public Health Officers on issues of safety, health and incidents related to the Community Centre HUB
· Ensure that all community centre programs are working together and operating under the same procedures and practices to ensure consistency for staff and Community Members (our clients)
· Support to managers in the Community Centre to coordinate programing to provide services that are more integrated and directly linked to BSCS mission and strategic plan
· Sit on the Management team and other leadership teams and committees as required
· Supervision of Administrative Assistants with the potential of future supervision roles as needed
Education: Diploma or Degree in Human Services Field, Business administration and/or Operations, Human Resources or another related degree with equivalent experience
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
· Ability to work in a highly stressful and ever-changing environment
· Must have excellent boundaries
· Mental resiliency is key
· Demonstrated skills and abilities in conflict management
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships with all levels within an organization
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills to manage diverse responsibilities
· Ability to adapt to change and willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Experience and Other Requirements:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership and management experience
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a non-profit human service setting
· Experience in program, community development, working in partnerships and collaborations
· Experience in Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office and databases
· Experience with inner-city agencies an asset
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Valid Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
· Criminal Record and Child Intervention Checks (results will be reviewed on a case by case basis)
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
Interviews will take place on September 15 and 16, 2020
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include 20-054BSCS, Community Centre Hub Manager in the Subject Line of the email. In the cover letter please state how you heard about this position and why you are suitable for the position.
Boyle Street Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the communities we serve and are committed to engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Boyle Street Community Services welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, differently-abled, and LGBTQ2S communities.