JOB TITLE: Director of Operations
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
TERM: This is a two-year term to cover a secondment. The position may be extended beyond the initial two-year term.
“Despite great challenges we believe unhealthy cycles can be broken, new opportunities created and, through healing, health restored.” Boyle Street Community Services (BSCS) is a values-driven organization that believes in providing a constant and consistent caring force for some of our community’s most vulnerable.
If your values and are aligned with ours, please consider joining our team! This position comes with a comprehensive dental, health and drug benefits package, generous annual vacation, and professional development and growth opportunities.
The Director of Operations is a key member of our leadership team, and will be responsible for the strategic and operational leadership and day-to-day Operations management across Boyle Street Community Services (BSCS) sites and programs. This team member will support the organization’s direction by ensuring smooth-running, safe, efficient, and high-quality infrastructure. The Director of Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day management of administration, maintenance / janitorial services, and IT systems and will play a key role in leading and growing our social enterprises, Hiregood and Four Directions Financial.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Sit on the BSCS executive leadership team and other leadership teams and committees as required.
· Sit on the Hiregood and Four Directions Financial Advisory Board, and provide direct support to both social enterprises.
· Management and oversight of the organizational operations, including administration and maintenance.
· Develop and oversee the strategic priorities of IT infrastructure, implementation, troubleshooting and planning.
· Support the leadership team in the management and review of large vendor contracts (Telecommunications, insurance, IT, security, mobile phones).
· Support the leadership team in development of purchasing, insurance, and risk management strategy and oversight.
· Support major facility projects, including construction and renovations.
· Develops organizational compliance practices with governmental legislation, zoning, licencing and other legal requirements.
· Works closely with the Finance, Human Resources, and other internal departments to support the delivery of infrastructure and administrative resources.
· Work with the leadership team and Human Resources to foster a culture of safety across BSCS. Provide leadership to support the development of compliant OHS practices, policies, reporting, and training in a dynamic environment.
· Interact with external bodies and other stakeholders as required, facilitating relationships and reporting.
· Other duties as required.
· Diploma or Degree in in human services field, business operations / business management, or other related degree with equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a role with leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years of management.
· Experience in a non-profit human service setting is considered an asset.
· Experience with operating and growing a business is considered an asset.
· Experience managing and negotiating building operations, contracts, and vendors.
· Experience working on public health and public emergency response with marginalized and vulnerable populations.
· Experience with IT management and strategy.
· Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office, databases and data collection modalities (particularly SharePoint and power apps).
· Appreciation of Indigenous Cultures and ways of knowing, with a commitment to ongoing learning and leadership of Boyle Street’s commitment to the spirit of Reconciliation.
· Demonstrated skills and abilities in conflict management.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships with all levels within an organization.
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
· Ability to adapt to change and willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
· Ability to manage relationships and negotiate with diverse external (government, for- profit, and not-for-profit) partners.
· A strong commitment to upholding the guiding philosophies, value, and beliefs of BSCS
· Current First Aid
· Enhanced Security Clearance conducted by Edmonton Police Service and Child Intervention Check
· Valid Driver’s License
Will typically work in an office environment, but the mission of the organization may at times require work in the community and outdoor environment. The hours of work are 37.5 hours/week which are typically be between the hours of 8:30AM-4:30 PM but there are occasional hours in the evenings and weekends for meetings and events.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include Director of Operations in the subject line of the email. In the cover letter please state how you heard about this position and why you are suitable for the position.
Boyle Street Community Services is an equal-opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the communities we serve and are committed to engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Boyle Street Community Services welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, differently-abled, and 2SLGBTQQIA+ communities.
Clients, staff, and partners are vital members of the Boyle Street team, so we place emphasis on making sure that we address each other correctly. We use pronouns to properly address and refer to people in our face-to-face interactions, in verbal introductions, as well as in writing on name tags, email signatures, and ID badges. We invite you to let us know how to properly refer to you and your pronouns as you explore finding a professional home with us.